Edward S. Ashman, M.D.
Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Affinity Surgery Center
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- MountainView Hospital & Medical Center
- Southwest Medical Associates Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Specialty Surgery Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Summerlin Hospital
- Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center
- Valley Health System
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
Edward S. Ashman, M.D., joined Nevada Orthopedic & Spine Center in 2003. He is fellowship trained in the surgical treatment of athletic injuries of the shoulder, knee and elbow.
He is currently on faculty as an assistant professor at the University of Nevada School of Medicine.
Dr. Ashman received a Bachelor of Science in 1992 from Cornell University in Ithaca, NY. He attended New York’s Albany Medical College where he received his doctor of medicine in 1997. He completed his internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at Albany Medical Center.
In 2003, Dr. Ashman completed a sports medicine fellowship at the Nirschl Sports Clinic at Georgetown Medical Center in Washington, D.C., under the guidance of the renowned Dr. Robert P. Nirschl. During this fellowship, Dr. Ashman served as a team physician for the George Mason University football and basketball teams.
Dr. Ashman practices at the highest level of sports medicine having treated many professional athletes including members of the ATP professional tennis tour and the AVP professional beach volleyball tour. He regularly provides care for performers in many of the largest and most popular shows on the Las Vegas Strip, including Cirque Du Soleil productions.
Dr. Ashman was born in Johnson City, NY.
- Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Study of The Safety and Efficacy of AA4500 for The Treatment of Adhesive Capsulitis of The Shoulder with Auxilium Pharmaceuticals 2013.
- Tennis Elbow Tendinosis (Epicondylitis): Instructional Course Lectures, 2004,53:587-98.
- Elbow Tendinopathy: Tennis Elbow, Clinical Sports Medicine, 2003, October 22 (4):813-36.
- Healing of Tibial Segmental Defects of Dogs with Orthovita VITOSS - Long Term Healing Course, Ashman ES, Ledet EH, Anderson Lb, Uhi RL. Presented at Albany Medical Center Senior Resident Thesis Day 2002.
- Anatomic Study of the Lateral Femoral Cutaneous Nerve with Respect to the Ilioinguinal Surgical Dissection. Hospodar PP, Ashman ES, Traub JA. Journal of Orthopedic Trauma 1999; 13: 17-19.
- Total Hip Arthroplasty Using a Proximally Porous Coated Femoral Prosthesis Without Cement. Traub JA, Ashman ES, Toussaint JT. Presented at Albany Medical Center Senior Resident Thesis Day, 1998 Albany, NY.
- Minimal Fixation of Lateral Malleolar fractures: A Clinical and Biomechanical Analysis. Traub JA, Ashman ES, Ledet EH, Uhi RL, Hospodar PP. Presented at Albany Medical Center Senior Resident Thesis Day 1996. Currently submitted for publication Journal of Trauma.