Holman Chan, M.D.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- Seven Hills Surgery Center
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Southwest Medical Associates Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital Rose de Lima Campus
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital San Martin Campus
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital Siena Campus
- Summerlin Hospital
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- University Medical Center of Southern Nevada
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
Holman Chan, M.D., joined Nevada Orthopedic & Spine Center in 2013. He specializes in orthopedic trauma, general orthopedic surgery and the treatment of lower extremity disorders including acquired deformities of the foot and ankle.
Dr. Chan received his Bachelor of Science degree in 2002 from the University of British Columbia in Vancouver, Canada. He attended the University of Alberta in Edmonton,Canada, where he received a Doctor of Medicine degree in 2006. He completed his surgical internship and residency in orthopedic surgery at the University of Alberta in 2011 while serving as chief resident of orthopedic surgery.
Also in 2011, Dr. Chan completed an orthopedic trauma fellowship at Strong Memorial Hospital in Rochester, NY.
He then completed a second fellowship in foot and ankle surgery at Mount Sinai Hospital in New York, NY.
Dr, Chan was born in Vancouver.
- Bouliane MJ, Sheps DM, Chan H, Lambert RM, Glasgow R, Kemp KA. An examination of inter- and intra-rater reliability of shoulder radiographs among patients with recurrent instability requiring surgical correction. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2011;93-B:589
- Chan H, Beaupre LA, Bouliane MJ. Injury of the suprascapular nerve during arthroscopic repair of superior labral tears: an anatomic study. J Shoulder Elbow Surg. 2010;19(5):709-15.
- Lefaivre KA, Macadam SA, Davidson DJ, Gandhi R, Chan H, Broekhuyse HM. Length of stay, mortality, morbidity and delay to surgery in hip fractures. J Bone Joint Surg Br. 2009;91-B:922-7.
- Voglis S, Quinn K, Tullis E, Liu M, Henriques M, Zubrinich C, Penuelas O, Chan H, Silverman F, Cherepanov V, Orzech N, Khine AA, Cantin A, Slutsky AS, Downey GP, Zhang H. Human neutrophil peptides and phagocytic deficiency in bronchiectatic lungs. Am J Respir Crit Care Med. 2009;July 15;180(2):159-66.
- Lefaivre KA, Guy P, Chan H, Blachut PA. Long-term follow-up of tibial shaft fractures treated with intramedullary nailing. J Orthop Trauma. 2008 Sep;22(8):525-9.
- Helmy N, Jando VT, Lu T, Chan H, O’Brien PJ. Muscle function and functional outcome following standard antegrade reamed intramedullary nailing of isolated femoral shaft fractures. J Orthop Trauma. 2008 Jan;22(1):10-5.
- Chan H, Lougheed M, Laher I, Steinbrecher UP. Oxidized low-density lipoprotein inhibits endothelium-dependent vasodilation by an antioxidant-sensitive, lysophosphatidylcholine-independent mechanism. J Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2003 Jun;41(6):856-65.