Thomas C. Kim, M.D.
Los Angeles, CA
San Francisco Orthopedic Residency Program
Harvard University, Boston, MA
Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Centennial Hills Hospital Medical Center
- MountainView Hospital
- Southwest Medical Associates Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Sahara Surgery center
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Valley Hospital Medical Center
- Specialty Surgery Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
Specializing in Pediatric & Adult Sports Medicine, Knee, Shoulder, and Hip
Thomas C. Kim, M.D., joined Nevada Orthopedic & Spine Center in 2002. He is fellowship trained in the surgical treatment of athletic injuries focusing on disorders of the shoulder, hip and knee with an emphasis on arthroscopic surgery of these joints.
Dr. Kim attended Georgetown University in Washington, D.C., where he graduated magna cum laude, meaning ‘with great distinction,’ receiving a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry. As an undergraduate, he was nominated into Sigma Xi, one of the world’s oldest honor societies that recognizes achievements in science and engineering, for his research in organic chemistry. He also earned early acceptance into the Georgetown University School of Medicine, from where he received his Doctor of Medicine degree.
Dr. Kim completed a year of general surgical residency at the University of Virginia in Charlottesville and completed his orthopedic training through the San Francisco Orthopedic Residency Program.
He then completed a sports medicine fellowship at Harvard University in Boston under the renowned orthopedic surgeon Lyle Micheli, M.D. During this fellowship, he provided medical coverage to the Boston Ballet, Boston Marathon, Bay State Games and several local high school and collegiate hockey and football teams. This fellowship also involved training at Boston Children’s Hospital, a facility that features a sports medicine division that was the first in the nation devoted to the treatment of pediatric and adolescent athletes.
Dr. Kim was raised in Los Angeles.
- Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy. Thomas C Kim MD. Chapter in 5 Minute Sports Medicine Consult Project.
- Hip, Spine & Pelvis Injuries. Chapter 16. FIMS Team Physician Manual. Editors: Lyle J. Micheli, et al; 2013 Routledge, pp 347-378
- Hip, Pelvis & Groin Injuries, Surgery for: Section in Encyclopedia of Sports Medicine. 2011 Sage pp 650-652