Walter J. Song, M.D.
Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
Subspecialty Certificate in Surgery of the Hand
- Desert Springs Hospital Medical Center
- Durango Outpatient Surgery Center
- Parkway Surgery Center
- Sahara Surgery Center
- Seven Hills Surgery Center
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Southwest Medical Associates Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Spring Valley Hospital Medical Center
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital Rose de Lima Campus
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital San Martin Campus
- St. Rose Dominican Hospital Siena Campus
- Summerlin Hospital Medical Center
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
Walter J. Song, M.D., joined Nevada Orthopedic & Spine Center in 2008. He specializes in surgical and non-surgical treatment of traumatic and degenerative disorders of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. His practice includes sports-related injuries, work-related injuries, repetitive-use injuries, fractures, dislocations, nerve and tendon disorders and arthritis. He trains in the latest techniques for arthroscopic surgery of the shoulder, elbow and wrist, including rotator cuff repair.
Dr. Song graduated from the University of Virginia in 1998 with a Bachelor of Arts in Biology. He earned his Doctor of Medicine from New York Medical College in 2002. Following medical school, he completed his Internship and Residency in Orthopedic Surgery at the University of Connecticut. During his training, Dr. Song worked with the University of Connecticut football and men’s and women’s basketball Teams. During his residency, he trained in general orthopedic surgery and trauma surgery.
After completing residency, Dr. Song pursued a fellowship in hand and upper extremity surgery at the Allegheny General Hospital in Pittsburgh. His fellowship concentrated on the diagnosis and treatment of injuries and disorders of the shoulder, elbow, wrist and hand. During his fellowship, Dr. Song worked with professional athletes and was the hand surgeon for Major League Baseball’s Pittsburgh Pirates.
Dr. Song was raised in Columbia, MD.
- Song WJ, Mazzocca AD. Calcific tendonitis of the shoulder. In: Levine WN, ed. Minimally Invasive Shoulder and Elbow Surgery. New York: Informa Healthcare, 2007:77-90.
- Song WJ, Caputo AE. Subcutaneous transposition of the ulnar nerve in the athletic elbow. In: Plancher KD, ed. Techniques in Orthopaedics. Surgical Management of Complex Elbow Problems: Update 2006. 21 (4): 325-330.
- Suter KJ, Song WJ et al. Genetic targeting of green fluorescent protein to gonadotropin-releasing hormone neurons. Endocrinology. 2000; 141: 412-419.