University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Hamot Medical Center
Hamot Medical Center
Total joint replacement and adult reconstruction of the hip, knee and shoulder at the Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, OH
Board Certified, American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
John J. Kastrup, M.D., has been a member of Nevada Orthopedic & Spine Center since 2009. He specializes in minimally invasive hip and knee replacements including a new, partial-knee replacement procedure.
Dr. Kastrup was one of the first surgeons in America to provide minimally invasive hip replacements. Dr. Kastrup practices with the most current techniques in joint replacement, utilizes the rapid recovery protocol and uses cutting-edge pain management techniques that allow patients to recover from surgery without using intravenous narcotics. He supports the Arthritis Foundation and is dedicated in his practice to finding a cure for the disease.
Dr. Kastrup received his undergraduate degree in mechanical engineering from the University of Cincinnati, during which time he contributed to pioneering research on anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstructions of the knee.
Dr. Kastrup received his Doctor of Medicine degree from the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine in 1988. During medical school, Dr. Kastrup’s research efforts focused on mallet finger injuries and his outcomes are referenced in multiple orthopedic textbooks.
Following medical school, Dr. Kastrup completed his orthopedic internship and residency at Hamot Medical Center in Erie, PA. He completed an additional year of subspecialty fellowship training at the Cleveland Clinic in adult reconstructive surgery where his fellowship involved the treatment of arthritis and joint replacement for the shoulder, hip and knee.
Dr. Kastrup was raised in Cincinnati, OH.
- St. Rose Dominican Hospitals Rose de Lima Campus
- St. Rose Dominican Hospitals Siena Campus
- St. Rose Dominican Hospitals San Martin Campus
- Sunrise Hospital & Medical Center
- Southwest Medical Associates Ambulatory Surgery Center
- Southern Hills Hospital & Medical Center
- Valley Health System hospitals
- Arnold, C.A., Kastrup, J.J., and Rogers, V.P.: “Neurilemoma About the Knee: A Case Report.” American Journal of Sports Medicine, 1999; 27(5): 668-670.
- Kastrup, J.J., Buseck, M.D., Lyons, J.C.: “Common Pitfalls in a Bone Tumor Workup.” Contemporary Orthopaedics, 1992; 24 (5): 567-73.
- Kastrup, J.J. and Stern, P.J.: “Complications and Prognosis of Mallet Finger Treatment.” J.Hand Surg., 1988; 13A: 329-34.